Sue's place in the sun

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Latest sewing

designer charm square swap
 On my design floor this afternoon is 224 half square triangles, these are from a charm square swap on facebook. I contributed 2 fabrics, a Anna Maria Horner and a Kaffe Fasset, there were 28 participants and the range of fabric is wonderful. I went to Wollongong Modern Quilt guild meeting yesterday all my grey squares cut and ready to draw lines across on the diagonal, stitch them and cut them in half. Today I pressed them open and then played with them on my lounge room floor. On Tuesday I am off the the Cottage Quiltworks at Warriewood for sewing day organised by Sarah Fielke and this is the project I am planning on taking.

my Kris Kringle from WMQG with my plain fabric
 Rachel the chief organiser of WMQG organised a Kris Kringle for our Christmas sew day yesterday. The 6.5" squares are what I received and the plain fabrics is what I plan to sash each block with and make an I Spy quilt that my granddaughters can play on.

mug rugs
 The mug rugs I made using up scraps of Denyse Schmidt fabrics bought from Spotlight on sale. The one on the left is using all the selvages sewn together, cut up and resewn together. I'm keeping that and the one one the right is what i gave for the Kris Kringle at WMQG.

bakers dozen drink coasters, wedding present.
There are placemats also but they are still to be made.
The chaplain to Sydney uni cricket and union teams got married on Friday. Mike ( the chaplain) and Amanda did a simple afternoon tea at the church instead of a big wedding reception. I made some drink coasters out of charm squares and planned to also make some place mats. The place mats didn't quite make being made but will be waiting fro them when they come back from their honeymoon.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love the layout of your half square triangles Sue, that's just what I was hoping to do with mine, though looking at it I think I might need another charm pack.