Sue's place in the sun

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tis the Season for a quilt top

Tis the Season stitch a long
I decided to stitch all the borders onto my blocks to see how it would look. I think I like it. The fabric is Glace by Moda honey bun, there is brown as part of this collection but it just looked off. I did 6 each of red and green and 6 blue and cream, there is a block for the back and left over honey bun too.


The fabric for the Bee in Oz April block arrived from April in Canada today in the post, she wants mod mosaic blocks, Elizabeth Hartman's pillow we are making 12.5" blocks, will show you when I've played with the fabric. 
Also my swap partners for April for the various swaps I am now are in my inbox, I'm making a Christmas log cabin in red and green, and a house or flag or log cabin in red, white and blue.


I have to now get moving on a baby quilt, new grand baby is due in about 8 weeks, I have a layer cake of Animal Alphabet and some plains and I am leaning towards making another of Elizabeth's quilts Mod sampler Quilt. I was going to make the same quilt as I made for Lily but have decided to do something different. Anyway back to sewing or at least cutting fabric to start this quilt.

2 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Love your blocks. The fabric you selected for the borders is perfect. April's block for Bee In Oz took me waaaay out of my comfort zone but I got it made.

Q said...

Tis the season blocks look really pretty!