Sue's place in the sun

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Queen bee

16" block

28" block

one on top of the other
QCA bee#2 for June I am Queen Bee, I have asked the girls to make this block, Melissa has designed it so there are 5 different sizes - 12", 16", 20", 24" and 28". I have asked them to make 16" blocks, using Melissa's colours - low volume, mostly creams, grey and a rainbow of colours for the stars. I participated in a low volume swap earlier this year so taking the lead from what I received in the swap, so taking the lead from what I received in the swap I have made my 16" block. I then decided to make the 28" block for the back of the quilt. Over on Melissa's blog you can see some of what her bee are making her for the month of May.

May block for Fiona was a mod mosaic block made out of fabric by our favourite designers, this is what I made her, it is made out of Kaffe Fasset fabrics
Mod Mosaic block

No comments: