Sue's place in the sun

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Quilt Club Australia Bee #2

I remained a member QCA bee#2 this year and there have been some lovely blocks to make

January were late due to hand being in plaster, 2012 bee ran February 2012 to January 2013 so Jessica received these two blocks to finish off the year



January 2013 Waverlee wanted great granny square block, someone suggested making 2 blocks for each month one to send and one to keep and make a sampler quilt of the years blocks. I am making mine with a grey background and using Denyse Schmidt fabric




February was a spiderweb block and Tracey wanted grey sew that was easy I simply made 2.


my block with all with DS selvegdes

March and Bronwyn wanted Ribbon Star blocks for a quilt for her sister




April for Laura we made Starburst blocks, mine is still being made as I am slack but I am catching up and May we are making Mod mosaic blocks for Fiona. 
June is my month and as part of a current blog hop this wonderful block was designed it is called Star Value. I am asking for 16" blocks and Melissa has designed the block in 5 sizes so I can make a 12'' to go with the other blocks for my sampler quilt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely blocks Sue.xx