Sue's place in the sun

Monday, March 17, 2014

my favourite things stitching

row 2

and the rest

I didn't mention in the sewing together of row 1 that I cut 129 cream and 129 coloured 1.5" squares and made 4 patches and 2 patches out of them. I also had to cut 2.5" squares of the cream. I'm now doing the hand stitching of row 3.
On Thursday 6th March, Clare and I went to the Stitches and Craft show at Rosehill Racecourse, she came away want a "Sweet 16" quilting machine after spending some time playing on the one there. I knew that sitting down at it would be fatal as I also would love one but at $8000 not in either of our budgets. I went looking for thread, special thread, Aurifil made in Italy and wonderful to sew with.
Friday morning I checked my emails, I had one that said I had chosen the winning name for the pink in their new colours, Fairy Floss, you can read about it here. They arrived today all 18 pretty cottons ready for me to play with.

2 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow...lucky you with the thread....love your blocks

Chookyblue...... said...

catching up on sold tagged posts I had missed commenting on.............
congrats on getting some more SKofW done......they look great............how many more rows to do???